While it's difficult to say goodbye when folks leave, it is a whole lot of fun to say welcome when folks arrive. And we just know you're going to be excited to say welcome along with us to our newest blogger.
Can you guess who it is from the sliver below? (My sliver is bigger than Tammy's was of Deb so you may know that smile immediately!)
How about I give you a few clues from her official bio?
- This bestselling author graduated from high school at sixteen and from college at twenty.
- She finished her specialty degree (not telling what) at the age of twenty-seven.
- She started writing her first novel just nine years ago and has since had sixteen books published.
- She is a wife and a homeschooling mom.
- And (not included in her official bio) she now has a serendipitous connection with George Clooney.
Have you guessed yet? That last clue will have given it away if you've read her latest book.
Okay, I won't drag this out any longer.
Welcome, Cara Putman!
I first met Cara at a writers' retreat (at least five years ago, perhaps a little longer), and she is every bit as sweet as she looks in her photograph. It has been fun to get to know her better over the years because of some email groups we are in together.
I was so excited when Cara answered my invitation to join our blog with a Yes. She is going to be such a lovely addition. And when she shares from her historical research, I know you're going to learn a lot. Look for her posts on Thursdays beginning in April.
Oh, and I'll let her tell you about that George Clooney connection herself.